With the move to a new site and hopefully a few new readers, we just need to outline a few do's and don'ts for those who want to join in the debate, either in the comments section or via Fanshots or Fanposts.
Above all I'd just ask people to use common sense and respect the fact that a wide range of fans will be reading this site, so what doesn't offend you might not be as suitable for a young fan, or somebody who's reading something on their lunch break at the office.
We hope that the guidelines below will help make The Tilehurst End an enjoyable place for all Reading FC fans, and sports fans in general.
- At the bottom of the page you'll see a list of people who are Managers and Editors, if they ask you to stop doing something please do so.
- No hotlinking. Any picture must be hosted on a site like Photobucket, or one of your choosing.
- Don't discuss illegal game feeds or anything else that might negatively impact The Tilehurst End's relationship to SBNation, or SBNation to the Premier League, Reading Football Club or broadcast rights holders.
- Do not cut/paste entire articles, especially ones behind pay-walls or that require a subscription. If you do so SBNation could be liable for copyright violation. This, like the above game feed rule, is non-negotiable.
- Don’t use any language you wouldn’t use in front of your (or a friend’s) mother. Demeaning language and terms are absolutely not allowed. If you need to ask if a term is allowed, it probably isn’t.
- No nudity, shock images, Not Safe For Work (NSFW) images of any kind. If you really feel it adds to the discussion, then link it with the tag (NSFW).
- Don't unnecessarily flame, insult, or start trouble with other members. Do not mistake sarcasm as flaming, but if you are uncertain then you can flag something and let the mods decide.
- No trolling. Trolling, by common Internet law, is being as annoying as possible without actually breaking any rules.
- Fans of opposing teams are not only tolerated but welcomed. There's no harm in a bit of banter between opposition fans, it's one of the best bits of following a team. That being said, just don't take it too far or let it degenerate into petty pointless abuse. Similarly if you go from here to another Premier League SB Nation Blog, don't take the proverbial and do things that make TTE look bad.
- No "Alts" or alternate accounts. If you have a perfectly working account, use that. If you've been banned, well, maybe you should ask yourself why you were banned.
- Any issue should be brought up to a mod, who can then decide what, if anything, should be done. Mods have email addresses connected to our profiles, and any issue will be considered confidential amongst the relevant parties and the moderation staff.
- Finally although this site comes under 'Soccer' on the SB Nation page and SB Nation are based in the US, this site will not tolerate references to Soccer, this is a FOOTBALL site
The Tilehurst End is only about 15 months old and we're even newer to SB Nation so things will inevitably evolve over time but if you have any questions what so ever, email a mod or the site at firstname.lastname@example.org