clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Cardiff City v Reading FC Squad Selector: The Results

Steve Clarke has big choices to make ahead of Reading's visit to Cardiff City, but how did you want the team to line up? Here's what you said in our latest Squad Selector vote.

Ben Hoskins/Getty Images

Subs: Bond, Obita, Fernandez, Piazon, McCleary, Hurtado, Liburd.

Following a winless run that has seen Reading pick up just three points from their last four games, you've gone for a very attacking lineup. You can see the voting stats in their entirety here.

The first team

The back five is pretty unsurprising, with just the one change from the midweek draw at home to Huddersfield Town. Ali Al-Habsi retains his place in goal with 69.4% of the vote - all of the remaining 30.6% going to current reserve choice Jonathan Bond.

At right back, Chris Gunter yet again picks up 100% of the vote - unsurprising consindering that he doesn't have a backup. Next to him, Paul McShane (81.6%) and Anton Ferdinand (71.4%) get the nod at centre half. The only change in the back four is the introduction of Andrew Taylor (81.6%) who sees off the challenge of Jordan Obita (24.5%).

The other player to score 100% of the vote is Oliver Norwood, who is yet again partnered by Danny Williams (79.6%). Although both have certainly been impressive enough this season to warrant high scores, you have to say that the long term absence of Aaron Tshibola helps their causes a lot.

Up front, Nick Blackman is naturally the biggest scorer with 98% (shout out to the one person that thought we should drop our top scorer). Orlando Sa also gets into the team comfortably with 85.7%, and Ola John (77.6%) is rewarded for his goalscoring midweek cameo with a spot in the side on Saturday.

The last place was so close that it was literally a tie on 63.3% - I'm not sure that we've had that before in the history of squad selector! However, due to votes in the subs' section, Alex Fernandez misses out to Matej Vydra - who will be hoping to add another goal to his account which was opened a week ago.


Interestingly, Fernandez would usually have been left out of the squad altogether as he wasn't among the highest scorers for the subs' bench. However, as he almost snuck into the starting XI, we've taken out the lowest scorer to make room for him - who is in this case Michael Hector (40.8%).

The other players joining Fernandez are Jonathan Bond (65.3%), Jordan Obita (65.3%), Garath McCleary (77.6%), Paolo Hurtado (75.5%), Lucas Piazon (51%) and Rowan Liburd (55.1%).

Missing names

With Reading currently going through something of a rough patch injury wise, there aren't many other players to mention. With Anton Ferdinand somehow not injured, fourth placed Jake Cooper is pushed out of the reckoning. Further down the pecking order, fellow academy stars Dominic Samuel and Tarique Fosu are more likely to get game time out on loan than they are at Reading.