Because I'm a FIFA Career Mode addict, the kind folk over at EA emailed me a code for the beta version of FIFA 17, which officially comes out on 29th September in the UK. But instead of sitting at home and playing it all day (well, I will still be doing that), I thought I'd show you how Reading's players have been rated by the game.
Firstly, the game gives the Royals an attack score of 58, midfield score of 68 and defensive score of 59. Compare this to the last update of FIFA 16 which has all of last season's players on it, and there's quite a difference - an attack score of 70, midfield score of 70 and defence score of 68.
Here are how all the players rate:
EA have introduced loads of new features to career mode for FIFA 17, which you can find out about here.
You now have to learn to control the finances of the club. The game gives Reading a club worth of £15.3 million.
You start the career with a £2.4 million loss due to the signings of Roy Beerens (£825,000) and Joey van den Berg (£1.6 million). Interesting valuations for fees the club reported as undisclosed!
In terms of a budget, the game gives you £2,937,663 for transfers and £27,178 for wages. These of course can be adjusted to a different ratio. The game also details the club's total weekly wage expenditure at £159,876. The alleged highest earner is Joey van den Berg at £17,500 per week.
The board now give you five different areas of expectations compared to just where to finish. Here's what Reading's expectations are:
- Youth Development: High - Within 2 seasons, grow 6 youth squad players with potential over 75 by at least 10 overall points.
- Brand Exposure: Low - Increase season ticket holders by at least 10% within 3 seasons.
- Financial: High - Finish with at least £2,550,000 profit in the first transfer window.
- Domestic Success: High - Fight for promotion in the EFL Championship and reach the Round of 32 in the Emirates FA Cup.
- Continental Success: Very Low - No objectives.
Of course all of this information is subject to change once the official game is released.
What do you make of the stats Reading fans? Are they fair? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.